Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Ellingham Hospital is an independent hospital near Norwich, which provides assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for young people aged between 12 and 18 years, who present with a wide range of complex psychiatric, emotional and behavioural difficulties. We also recently opened a 10 bedded acute mental health ward for adults.
There is an ofsted registered school on site supporting the young people with their educational needs. The hospital has been rated "Good" by the CQC following their inspection in January 2017.The role:
Applications are invited from highly motivated and enthusiastic registered nurses wishing to contribute to a rapidly developing service to complement a growing multi-disciplinary team.
RGN/or RSCN wishing to have a career in mental health nursing, this is your opportunity to work in a different care setting that is both rewarding and fulfilling. Full support will be given to nurses interested to join us to make this leap.Key duties
- Facilitate the admission processes for new admissions.
- To undertake initial nursing assessments.
- Participate in the care planning process.
- Work in a collaborative manner with the wider MDT.
- Initiate, develop and maintain therapeutic relationships with the young people.
- Facilitate a minimum of one dedicated 1:1 session with each named young person allocated and fully document appropriately.
- Initiate, develop and maintain professional relationships with parents. Families, Carers and External Professionals ensuring appropriate.
- Support and encourage the young people to attend appropriate meetings and/or represent them accordingly.
- Appropriate and timely completion of required documentation.
- Formulation of nursing reports as required.
- Attendance and participation in meetings such as ward reviews, CPA and MHRT hearings.
- Preparation for attendance at ward review - monitoring charts to be reviewed and observations presented, summary of the young person's review period to be formulated and presented.
- Administration of and monitoring the effects of medication.
- Ensure, where appropriate and possible the full involvement of the young person in the care process.
- Support and encourage attendance at education and therapeutic sessions/activities.
- Ensure access to the advocate is available and support meetings with the advocate if required.
- Safe management of young people's monies.
- Work within the guidance of NMC Code of Conduct at all times and have an awareness of guidance and legislation such as CQC standards, MHA, MCA.
- Support the Charge nurse in the daily management of the ward. Ensuring that daily tasks are delegated appropriately and completed.
To be successful as a Staff Nurse you will need:
- An RMN or RNLD qualification. RGN and RSCN will be considered.
- Good communication skills.
- The drive to learn and develop
- A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice.
- A flexible, positive, team-orientated approach.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leave awards
- Career development - progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- A contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Personal health insurance
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- Private Dental Cover
- Flexible Benefits Packages
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational need