Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Llanarth Court is a specialist hospital providing medium and low secure care for men and women with mental illness and/or personality disorder and for men with intellectual/learning disability. We also have a 4 bedded open rehabilitation bungalow. We are a sector-leading example of how providing a wide variety of care settings and a clear care pathway in the direction of recovery, can be achieved for all patients.The role:
You will be expected to either have or be prepared to develop skills to work with patients with a personality disorder.To have 24 hour responsibility of a unit specialising in male patients with a personality disorder within a forensic psychiatric hospital . To manage a staff team , be an integral part of the multi disciplinary team and to ensure high standard of care is delivered. You must be able to communicate with external professionals including family members, commissioners and regulatory bodies and be a positive role model for the organisation.You will be expected to maintain a high level of professional support and participate in a managerial role to ensure the hospital is adequately supported You will need to be a positive role model to staff working with challenging patients.Experience and Qualifications:
- Significant Experience within a psychiatric hospital setting within a leadership/management capacity. At least one year’s experience of working at Team Leader/Charge Nurse Level or equivalent.
- Must have successfully completed and have achieved the competencies in the Team Leader/Charge Nurse PIC framework and or have completed a management qualification within current management role.
- Relevant sufficient post registration experience.
- Relevant experience in a similar environment.
- Proven track record of leadership and management skills.
- Must be PMVA trained or equivalent.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leave awards
- Career development – progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- A contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Personal health insurance
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- Private Dental Cover
- Flexible Benefits Packages
- £250 Contribution towards CPD
- NMC Payment in full
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.