Registered Learning Disability Nurse / Registered Mental Health Nurse
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work in a specialist service at based at Cheadle Royal. Providing bespoke support and care to a patient with complex and varied needs. The therapeutic approach will follow a Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) model. It is planned that the service will be commissioned in May 2017.
Set within landscaped gardens, the safe and supportive environment of the Priory Hospital Cheadle Royal offers a comprehensive inpatient specialist mental health service for young people and adults. The service is dedicated to providing innovative, high quality care and treatment for service users with challenging and complex needs, in order to enable their recovery and re-engagement with the community.The role:
The successful candidate will undertake and manage direct patient care, having participated fully in the assessment, planning and evaluation of care needs. Undertaking the delivery of care, including individual and group sessions to agreed quality standards as prescribed by internal procedure and health legislation.
You will allocate and oversee the work of junior colleagues and staff. You will also be responsible for the care, security and maintenance of equipment, drugs and other consumables on the ward/department.
You will have shared responsibility for the confidentiality, security and accuracy of patient records, data and information. Ensuring good quality patient documentation, which meets regulatory guidelines and statutory requirements.In order to apply you would need to be
- RNLD / RMN Qualified
- NMC Registered
- Ideally have experience in working with the PBS model
- Experienced in working in a close team
- Excellent communication skills
- Be patient centric and have a committment to delivering high quality care
- Possess fine tuned decision making skills
- Have an excellent organisational capacity and effective communication skills
- Be flexible and have a strong "can do" attitude
- A competitive salary
- £1000 welcome bonus in your first pay then £500 after completion of your probation
- Excellent salary
- Many benefits in line with the NHS
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Free on-site parking
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Flexible benefits including reduced rates and access to new schemes including gym membership, IT technology (laptops / tablets / smartphones) and private healthcare
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Improved CPD application & panel process
- £250 Contribution towards CPD
- Leadership & management development
- Support with your Revalidation
- NMC Payment in full
- Long service award
Our service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week all year round therefore we are looking for people who are flexible to cover shifts throughout the week at varying times of the day.About us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.