Registered Mental Health Nurse
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
The Dene is renowned for its work with women using a DBT approach to address their care needs.
The Dene Hospital supports both male and female patients with varying needs in its Medium Secure, Low Secure and Acute Wards.
The Dene is set in 11 acres of beautiful Sussex countryside, it has extensive educational, occupational and sporting facilities, including a sports hall, tennis court, swimming pool and gymnasium, along with various communal recreation areas. There’s also a library, a purpose built art room and workshop, and two practice kitchens.
As a Registered Mental Health Nurse at The Dene you will be working within a team that includes a range of professionals. You will assist and support staff in the management of the ward and will make an effective contribution to providing high quality care to our patients.
You will be supported to work within an identified career development pathway and be expected to complete an appropriate competency development portfolio. You will be supported with Peer Review, Clinical Supervision, Mentorship and Appraisal.Our RMN role involves:
- Providing a high standard of care to people with mental illness and personality disorder
- Developing therapeutic relationships to optimize patient engagement
- Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
- Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
- At a more senior level, you’ll also need to lead shifts as well as mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
To be successful in this role you will need to be committed to Personal Learning and Development, Evidence and Values Based Practice and Patient Centred Care. You will need to have excellent team working skills and be highly self-motivated with a flexible approach.Qualifications:
- RMN / RNLD / RMNHExperience:
-Pre-Registration - complete / PreceptorshipSome of the benefits we offer Qualified Nurses are:
- Golden Hello Welcome Bonus (£500 after 3 months, £650 after 9 months and £950 after 18 months)
- Subsidised Professional Membership and Registration
- Up to £2000 relocation Allowance
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leave awards
- Career development – progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- A contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Personal health insurance
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- Private Dental Cover
- Flexible Benefits Packages
- £250 Contribution towards CPD
- NMC Payment in full
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.