Partnerships in Care is one of the UK's leading providers of independent specialist secure and step-down care across the UK. With hospitals around the country, 30 years of experience in our sector and highly skilled and experienced teams, we help patients and commissioners find the right care pathways without the need for multiple reassessments.
The Ayr Clinic is made up of a well-established 36 bedded low secure hospital, and an 8 bedded specialised step-down facility for men and women with mental illness and/or personality disorder. The Ayr Clinic is situated in the coastal town of Ayr in West Central Scotland.
Our low secure service is configured over three wards, comprising of a 12 bedded male and a 12 bedded female admission ward as well as a 12 bedded mixed gender rehabilitation unit.
Our specialised female step-down service at the Gatehouse enables patients to continue their recovery journey, to maintain good mental health, promote social inclusion and skills for a sustainable discharge into community living.
Patients are supported by a highly skilled, experienced and trained team of clinicians and healthcare professionals working with patients in an environment of hope, positive regard and empowerment.
The post holder will be expected provide clear nursing leadership on a daily basis and support the ward manager in his or her role. Being able to work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team and contribute to the development of others within the nursing team through supervision, mentoring and positive role model.
Applications are invited from highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced registered nurses wishing to contribute to a rapidly developing service to complement a growing multi-disciplinary team.
- Providing clear leadership for the Nursing Team on a daily basis.
- Participate in the overall management of resources on site on a daily basis by the review of the hospital rota to ensure effective and appropriate deployment of staff.
- Support the Ward Manager in resource management for the unit.
- Work collaboratively with the Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- Contribute to pre-admission assessment of referred patients.
- Support the Ward Manager in maintaining health, safety, and security within legislative requirements and in adherence to policy and local protocols.
- Attend to Named Nurse responsibilities.
- Supporting the nursing team and contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress.
- Contribute to the development of others within the team through supervision, mentoring and positive role modelling.
- Mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team.
- Adhere at all times to the NMC code of professional conduct respecting rights of others and promoting ethical practice.
- To adhere to the CQC standards, CQIUN's, QNIC, MHA, MCA.
- To support the Ward Manager in the completion of local audits, the attendance to action identified and feedback of completed actions.
- To maintain high standards of care and treatment at all times working within the pivotal role between the unit, the MDT, external professionals the families and carers of the young people in the service.
- To be successful as a Charge Nurse, you'll need:
- An RMN or RNLD qualification
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Completion of or working towards a recognised mentoring certificate
- The ability to assess and teach junior staff
- A proven ability to co-ordinate care, prioritise tasks and manage Health & Safety issues
- The drive to learn and develop
- A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
- A flexible, positive, team-orientated approach
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leave awards
- Career development - progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- A contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Personal health insurance
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when