Bank Registered Nurse - RMN, RGN, RNLD
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Priory Hospital Bristol offers calming and recovery focused inpaitent treatment for up to 68 service users as well as day care and outpatient services. Personalised treatment programmes are delivered by our multidisciplinary team, specialising in the management and treatment of acute and complex mental health problems.The role:
We are currently expanding our service with the addition to a newly built 12 Bed Psychiatric intensive care unit (PICU) due to open in October 2017.
We are looking to recruit personable, flexible and motivated Nurses (RMN / RNLD & RGN) to deliver first class care to our patients. You will be involved in the personal care and meeting the psychological needs of a diverse group of service users with varying degrees of mental and physical issues.The Role:
- Deliver prescribed care to a defined group within an agreed framework.
- Assess, plan and deliver, with the patient and their carer/family, nursing care which takes account of patient choice and wishes and acting as the patients named nurse.
- Accurately observe and engage with patients in order to assess their need and evaluate their progress.
- Monitor and review Nursing Care plans.
- Evaluate and respond to changes in patient condition and needs.
- Deal proactively and effectively with suggestions and complaints from patients and their families / carers.
- Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the Multi-Disciplinary team
- Participate in regular clinical and non-clinical meetings and attend other meetings as requested
- Prioritise nursing duties and delegate appropriately and effectively within the shift co-ordination Framework, working as nurse in charge as required, ensuring as far as reasonable practicable a safe environment.
- Maintain a continued level of personal professional development in accordance to preceptorship and revalidation.
- Develops and maintains a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests, enquiries and suggestions.
- Helps to promote and to maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers
- Participate in clinical supervision and reflective practice at least Monthly.
- Undertake the role of "Preceptor" to newly qualified staff.
- Work in accordance with safeguarding adult and children policies and requirements.
- Ensure the requirements of the Mental Health, Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Standards are met.
- Adhere to Medicines Management policies at all times.
- Adhere to Priory Group policies and protocols and adhere to NMC Code.
- Qualified Registered Nurse (RMN, RGN, RNLD), with 6-12 months post registration experience with active NMC Registration and completed preceptorship programme.
- Knowledge of NMC guidelines, requests and professional practices.
- Evidence of post registration continuing professional development.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and commitment to change, improvement and quality.
- Ability to develop and use flexible and innovative approaches to practise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comprehensive continued personal development training with an additional £1000 to spend on CPD within your first year of service*
- Up to £1000 relocation allowance*
- Career development opportunities with available exposure to other services lines within the Hospital
- Starting 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increased up to 30 days with continued service)
- Birthday Holiday - (Yes an extra day's holiday for your birthday!)
- Onsite highly subsidised restaurants
- Free on-site parking
- 50% NMC Pin paid & paid enhanced DBS check
- SMART Childcare Vouchers
- SMART Pension
- Online benefits and cash back rewards such as Cycle to work scheme