Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
The Dene Hospital is a specialist Hospital providing secure services for men and women with mental illness and/or personality disorder including both medium and low secure care environments. The hospital also has two High Dependency Units one male and one female We work with the most difficult patients and support them through their care pathway back into the community. We have a strong care pathway via our medium secure, low secure and our new inpatient service for women with high dependency needs (HDU).
Set in 11 acres of beautiful Sussex countryside, it has extensive educational, occupational and sporting facilities, including a sports hall, tennis court, swimming pool and gymnasium, along with various communal recreation areas. There’s also a library, a purpose built art room and workshop, and two practice kitchens.
We are renowned for our work with women using a DBT approach to address their care needs.Our clinical programmes focus on:
- Rehabilitation on-site and in the community and include programmes specifically focused on treating offending and challenging behaviours, minimising the risk to self and others
- Building skills to increase independence to promote people stepping down to care in the least restrictive setting appropriate to their health
We have also have an overall rating of Good from the CQC ( January 2017)Our RMN role involves:
- Providing a high standard of care to people with mental illness and personality disorder
- Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
- Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
- Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
- At a more senior level, you’ll also need to lead shifts as well as mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leave awards
- Career development – progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- A contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Personal health insurance
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- Private Dental Cover
- Flexible Benefits Packages
- £250 Contribution towards CPD
- NMC Payment in full
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.