Oaktree Manor is a low secure hospital providing care and treatment to adults (male and female) with a primary diagnosis of learning disabilities. Patients are all detained under the Mental Health Act and may have Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD); challenging behaviours; dual diagnosis including mental health and personality disorders. We have six wards which provide safe and therapeutic environments for the patient group . Oaktree Manor is in Tendring which is near Clacton on Sea , Essex and has good travel links to nearby towns such as Ipswich, Colchester and also London.Our Ward Manager Role involves:
• To provide a high profile, visible clinical leadership to the ward nursing team for the Womens Services.
• To Provide Clinical Management and Leadership of the full nursing team on the Ward, this includes being a highly visible role model and mentor to the nursing team. The post-holder has responsibility for overseeing and maintaining the highest standards of nursing care. The role will act as a senior clinical member of the team, providing advice and support from a nursing perspective and oversee and hold responsibility for the ward environment and its resources.
• To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors. To ensure that standards of patient care are maintained at all times within the parameters of operational policies and governing legislation.
• Providing cover for the Director of Clinical Services in their absence.
To be successful as Ward Manager you’ll need:
• 3 - 5 years demonstrable post registration experience.
• Experience of working in a supervisory capacity.
• Experience of secure environment and interdisciplinary teamwork.
• Experience of assessing and teaching junior staff.
• Experience of co-ordinating care.
• Experience of prioritising key tasks in relation to sphere of work.
• Experience of management of Health & Safety and related issues.
• Experience of report writing.
• RMN / RNLD – Current NMC registration
• Mentorship qualification
• Degree QualificationAbout us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.