Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Meadow View is a low secure unit for men with mental illness and personality disorder. Located in Gainsborough in Lincolnshire, Meadow View has 28 beds to support those who are detained under the Mental Health Act.
Our service consists of two wards:
Cedar - 14 bedded ward for men who require stabilisation and support to decrease their levels of challenging behaviour
Ash - 14 bedded ward providing continuing care with a focus on rehabilitation and community reintegration and preparing the person to move further along the care pathway or to community living
The post holder will be expected provide clear nursing leadership on a daily basis and support the ward manager in his or her role. Being able to work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team and contribute to the development of others within the nursing team through supervision, mentoring and positive role model.
Applications are invited from highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced registered nurses wishing to contribute to a rapidly developing service to complement a growing multi-disciplinary team.Key duties:
- Providing clear leadership for the Nursing Team on a daily basis.
- Participate in the overall management of resources on site on a daily basis by the review of the hospital rota to ensure effective and appropriate deployment of staff.
- Support the Ward Manager in resource management for the unit.
- Work collaboratively with the Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- Contribute to pre-admission assessment of referred patients.
- Support the Ward Manager in maintaining health, safety, and security within legislative requirements and in adherence to policy and local protocols.
- Attend to Named Nurse responsibilities.
- Supporting the nursing team and contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress.
- Contribute to the development of others within the team through supervision, mentoring and positive role modelling.
- Mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team.
- Adhere at all times to the NMC code of professional conduct respecting rights of others and promoting ethical practice.
- To adhere to the CQC standards, CQIUN's, QNIC, MHA, MCA.
- To support the Ward Manager in the completion of local audits, the attendance to action identified and feedback of completed actions.
- To maintain high standards of care and treatment at all times working within the pivotal role between the unit, the MDT, external professionals the families and carers of the young people in the service.
- To be successful as a Charge Nurse, you'll need:
- An RMN or RNLD qualification
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Completion of or working towards a recognised mentoring certificate
- The ability to assess and teach junior staff
- A proven ability to co-ordinate care, prioritise tasks and manage Health & Safety issues
- The drive to learn and develop
- A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
- A flexible, positive, team-orientated approach
- Sign on bonus
- £500 on joining & £1,000 on completion of probation
- £500 to be repaid if individual does not complete probation
- £1,500 e-voucher code for The Priory Benefits portal to be redeemed on various items including discounted shopping, red letter days, gym membership etc
- Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
- Moving less than 100 miles up to £2,000
- If more than 100 miles up to £4,000
- To be repaid if individual does not complete probation & leaves
- Payment into the pension scheme
- CPD top up
- Donation to a charity of their choice