Stockton Hall is a highly specialist hospital where patients requiring a medium secure care setting can maximise value from therapeutic interventions. Our services have produced excellent recovery results for patients and they are able to progress to low secure or locked rehabilitation if possible.
The facility is split across seven wards as follows:
16 bedded female ward - Mental Health and Personality Disorder
16 bedded male ward - Personality Disorder
8 bedded elderly male ward - for those with a settled in presentation in need of rehabilitation for mental illness and/or personality disorders
Two 24 bedded male wards for mental health focus
As a Charge Nurse you will be working within a team that includes a range of professionals.
You will be central to providing high quality care within a ‘medium secure’ forensic setting. The patient group consists of Personality Disordered and Enduring Mental Illness.
You will work within an identified career development pathway and be expected to complete appropriate competency development portfolio.Responsibilities
- Acts as clinical supervisor and ensures that all staff participate in clinical supervision.
- Monitor, evaluate, and ensure effective use of resources within set budgets.
- Promote effective decision making.
- Engage in and promote continuous professional development within the team.
- Sustain and enhance personal development plans through.
- Leadership qualification (desirable)
- Nurse mentor
- NMC fees paid in full (£120)
- Free access to the Nursing Times on Line package, which includes a portfolio of NMC documentation for use for revalidation and professional development (£95)
- Individual support for Revalidation via Group Director of Nursing with Nursing Times and Priory Academy support
- £250 towards Continuous Professional Development (CPD) per year
- Access to Individual Professional Development (IPD) funding to support individual development for example higher education courses
- Opportunity to train as a trainer in certain practice areas e.g. DBT; PMVA; Safeguarding
- Career progression across the Priory Group including permanent and secondment opportunities
- Preceptorship Academy – launch for this September – and Preceptorship support programme
- Mentorship training
- Opportunity to be a Peer reviewer in Specialist services
- Contribute to Nurse Development Programmes
- These benefits apply across all roles in the division as well as Nurses:
- A World Class Employee Assistance programme:
- o Access to “EAP in your pocket” the worlds first completely digigal EAP resource
- o 1-2-1 counselling (face-to-face, online and via telephone)
- o Information and Debt management support
- o Debriefing following incidents
- Long Service Awards
- Flexible benefits (including preferential rates and access to schemes such as gym membership, IT, private healthcare)
- Shopping discounts
- Flexible working – term time only, annualised hours, part time hours
- Weekly pay for bank
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.