Senior Staff Nurse
Stockton Hall is a highly specialist hospital where patients requiring a medium secure care setting can maximise value from therapeutic interventions. Our services have produced excellent recovery results for patients and they are able to progress to low secure or locked rehabilitation if possible.
The facility is split across seven wards as follows:
16 bedded female ward - Mental Health and Personality Disorder
16 bedded male ward - Personality Disorder
8 bedded elderly male ward - for those with a settled in presentation in need of rehabilitation for mental illness and/or personality disorders
Two 24 bedded male wards for mental health focus
Here at Stockton Hall Hospital in York, we have a vacancy for Staff Nurse – Grade 4.Job Purpose:
- To provide high profile leadership on a shift basis
- To promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of all patients, employees and visitors
- To ensure that all standards of patient care are maintained at all times within the parameters of operational policies and governing legislation
- To promote a supportive culture based on open and honest communication and reflective practice
- To accept primary nurse responsibility for an allocated caseload of patients
- To accept CPA responsibility for an allocated caseload of patients
- To plan and implement nursing care of individual patients paying particular attention to areas of nursing risk management
- To act as identified leader of the nursing shift, accepting responsibility for all nursing operations whilst on duty
- To ensure nursing practice remains within the parameters of the clinical strategy
- First level nurse in the field of mental health or learning disability (RMN or RNLD)
- ENB 998 or Mentorship in Practice or equivalent.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leave awards
- Career development – progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- A contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Personal health insurance
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- Private Dental Cover
- Flexible Benefits Packages
- £250 Contribution towards CPD
- NMC Payment in full
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.