Registered Nurse - Substance Misuse Nurse
HMP YOI Bronzefield are looking for Substance MisuseNursesto come and join our dedicated team of professional clinicians.
Awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People, HMP YOI Bronzefield focuses on providing needs-based services and programmes aimed at rehabilitating and maintaining the well-being of prisoners. HMP YOI Bronzefield is an all female prison that can hold up to 527 women.
Sodexo Justicedelivers custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within England, Scotland and Wales and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
- Work in close collaboration with the Lead Substance Misuse GP and Pharmacist regarding the development and implementation of treatment protocols, policies and guidelines for the continuation or initiation of Clinical Recovery for patients received or treated in the prison.
- Work in close collaboration with the Clinical Recovery Lead / Substance Misuse GP and Pharmacist regarding the development and implementation of protocols and guidelines for the management of patients who have substance misuse issues out of core hours.
- Attend and contribute to case reviews and attend CPA meetings.
- Communicate information in line with Prison confidentiality policies to relevant agencies both within and external to the prison.
- Contribute and provide regular supervision and support for the Health Care Staff.
- Contribute to the duty rotas and shift patterns to ensure a safe and effective seven-day cover self rostering
- Contribute to devising and delivering training to Prison, CARAT Services and other relevant staff.
- Participate in audits, research and service developments to ensure the best evidence based services are available for drug users serving custodial sentences.
- Initiate change as a result of audit and evidence based research.
- Demonstrate a continuous process of obtaining educational, clinical and research skills by taking part in relevant training provided by the Prison and relevant external training/educational organisations.
- Be committed to and promote service user and carer involvement in the delivery and development of services to meet their treatment needs.
- Maintain and develop IT skills to be able to operate I.T. equipment as provided by the Prison.
- Be committed to the Equal Opportunities Policy of the Prison
- Undertake any other duties relevant to the Clinical Recovery Nurses role.
- Be responsible for the induction, clinical supervision and training of the junior health care assistants so as to maintain high standards of care.
- Participate in regular supervision, peer review and the appraisal scheme using reflective practice.
The Ideal Candidate
- Registered first level nurse
- Training and experience
- Knowledge of needs of patients with long-term conditions
- Knowledge of health promotion strategies
- Aware of accountability of own role and other roles in a nurse-led service
- Awareness of clinical governance issues in primary care
- Knowledge of patient group directions and associated policy
- Self-directed nurse
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work flexible hours, which will include weekends, evenings and nights on a 7-day a week rota.
- Ability to work across boundaries
- Involvement in implementing and using protocols and clinical guidelines
- Ability to communicate difficult messages to patients, negotiation and conflict management skills
- IT skills
Starting salary of 33,137.22 + London Weighting 287.75 per monthand excellent benefits including personal and professional development opportunities, support with NMC fees, season ticket loans, free meals, free parking, subsidised gym membership, group discount schemes, pension and 28 days holiday
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying ;for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.