Bank Staff Nurse
Mildmay Oaks is a low secure and locked rehabilitation service for men with learning disability and autism spectrum disorder, and for women with learning disability.The role:
- Providing a quality of care to each individual that is of a high standard, being sensitive to individual abilities, respecting privacy and catering for social, emotional, religious and cultural needs whilst encouraging a comprehensive programme of ordinary living with an emphasis on self-help skills.
- Participating in the assessment of changing care needs and in the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care in line with agreed policies and procedures.
- Participating in the key worker system.
- Discussing and agreeing on care programmes with other community services.
- Fostering good relations and lines of communication with other disciplines/services/agencies involved with individuals’ care.
- Keeping abreast of developments and current trends when caring for people who have a Learning Disability/Mental Health Problem/behaviours that challenge.
- Ensuring that the NMC standards for drug administration, storage and handling of medication are adhered to.
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing relationships between parents, relatives and friends of the service users and staff at the home.
- Promoting access to an independent advocacy for the individual.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.