Director of Clinical Services
Set back within 1.5 acres of landscaped gardens, the tranquil environment of the Priory Hospital Southampton offers therapeutic and recovery focused residential treatment as well as day care and outpatient services. The hospital also provides a specialist inpatient service for children and adolescents.
Priory Hospital Southampton provides 40 beds across 3 wards. The services provided at the hospital include Addictions Treatment, young peoples ward (CAMHs) and treatment of most psychiatric conditions and Eating Disorders.
We have a highly experienced team of mental health professionals and support staff, which include consultant psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses and therapists
This is a 12 month Contract to cover maternity leave
The role holder will be part of the Senior Management Team and will lead a team of 3 ward managers. Responsibilities would include being accountable for all clinical aspects in the hospital and deputising in the Hospital Directors absence.
The job would include ensuring delivery of an optimum level of clinical and therapeutic care, together with ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and current legislation, meeting quality standards and delivering against key performance indicators. As a member of the Senior Management, the role holder will play a key part in developing and delivering the hospital strategy, providing operational and clinical leadership to the wider staff group in support of the Hospital Director
• Ensure compliance with statutory regulations and current legislation, meets quality standards, and delivers against key performance indicators.
• Manage the effective implementation of clinical interventions and treatment designed to enhance the operation and quality of clinical services evaluating through clinical governance and audit.
• Manage and develop a highly skilled and motivated workforce through recruitment,selection, development and performance management processes.
• Manage the delivery of the clinical services business plan ensuring the effective and efficient management and control of staffing, budgets, materials and equipment.
• Support and contributes to the maintenance of the business relationships liaising with referrers and prospective purchasers.
• Promote an effective working relationship across the multidisciplinary teams.
• Ensure that nurses are up to date for revalidation in accordance with NMC guidelines.
• Deal with emergencies as appropriate in the hospital or on an on-call basis.
• Investigates and acts with integrity upon shortfalls in service to ensure we are open, honest and transparent at all timesAbout us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.