Bank Staff Nurse
- Job Type
Ty Cwm Rhondda is a 20-bedded low secure mental health facility offering high-quality assessment, treatment and rehabilitation services for men with complex mental health needs, serious mental illness including treatment-resistant presentations, and challenging behavior.Purpose
To assist and support staff in the management of the ward and to ensure that in their absence, the effective management of the ward is maintained.
As a Bank Staff Nurse you will be working within a team that includes a range of professionals.
You will be central to providing high quality care within a locked, specialised mental health medium secure / low secure and rehabilitation and recovery setting. The patient group consists of Personality Disordered Learning Disability and Enduring Mental Illness.Ethical Practitioner You will be expected to: -
- Adhere at all times to the NMC code of professional conduct.
- Conduct a legal, ethical, and accountable practice and remain open to the scrutiny of peers.
- Respect the rights of others sensitively, and with regard to issues of equality and diversity.
- Promote ethical practice in others.
You will be expected to: -
- Be aware of and work within current legislation, government, and local policy, including the Mental Health Act.
- Maintain health, safety, and security within legislative requirements and in adherence to identified standards and local policy.
- Contribute to the achievement of Clinical Governance and maintenance of Standards for Better Health / Healthcare Standards for Wales.
Effective Communication You will be expected to: -
- Recognise the value of effective communication, and the potential for developing therapeutic relationships, effective teamwork, interdisciplinary working, and customer care.
- Utilise effective communication to develop professional therapeutic relationships, optimise patient engagement, and facilitate interdisciplinary working.
- Manage sensitive communication with appropriate support.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work flexibility
- Basic Literacy skills
- Basic Knowledge of general mental health issues
- Common sense approach to problem solving.
- Basic numeracy skills
- Some appreciation of Mental Health problems.
RMN / RNLD /RMNH
Pre-registration - complete / Preceptorship.