2 days left
- Job Type
Priory is the leading provider of behavioural care in the UK.
We organise ourselves into four divisions - healthcare, education and children's services, adult care and older people's care - which together support the needs of more than 30,000 people every year.
Our purpose is to make a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
Priory is dedicated to helping people to improve their health and wellbeing. We understand that in order for people to achieve high quality clinical and educational outcomes they need individually tailored programmes, suiting their specific needs.
The Priory Group has established an unrivalled reputation for delivering a real and lasting difference for its service users.
We are looking for a Lead Nurse for a specific service line within our 86 Bedded Hospital. This post forms part of the hospital Senior Nursing Team and is responsible for the clinical services operation (nursing and therapy) within a specific service line or ward within the hospital.
You will need to be a registered nurse, and would be very interested to hear from you, if you're RMN, RGN or RNLD registered. The successful candidate will play a a key part in developing and delivering the hospital strategy for a given group of Wards / specific service line within a large hospital site, providing operational and clinical leadership to the team.
• Experience of working at a supervisory or managerial level within a mental health environment; minimum 1 years working as a Ward Manager or equivalent.
• Experience of managing a clinical budget desirable.
• Strong background within leadership and people management .
• Experience of leading, implementing and reviewing quality initiatives in a related environment.
• Strong track record of innovation.
Responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring delivery of the highest level of clinical and therapeutic care together with ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and current legislation, meeting quality standards and delivering against quality performance indicators.
• Providing leadership, organisation and co-ordination to ensure effective clinical governance to a defined clinical area(s).
• Responsible for the implementation of effective clinical interventions and ensures that treatment is designed to enhance the operation and quality of clinical services and is aligned to best practice in defined areas.
• Contributes to and supports the delivery of the clinical services business plan ensuring the effective and efficient management and control of staffing, budgets, materials and equipment.
• Promotes an effective working relationship across the multidisciplinary teams.
We are looking for colleges who share our values:
• Putting people first - We put the needs of our service users above all else.
• Being a family - We support our colleagues, our service users and their families when they need us most.
• Acting with integrity - We are honest, transparent and decent. We treat each other with respect.
• Striving for excellence - for over 140 years, we have been trusted by our service users with their care. We take this trust seriously and constantly strive to improve the services we provide.
• Being positive - We see the best in our service users and each other and we strive to get things done. We never give up and we learn from our mistakes.
What we offer:
• A competitive salary
• Enhanced paid overtime
• Free on-site parking
• Starting 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increased up to 30 days dependant on length of service)
• Birthday Holiday - (Yes an extra day's holiday for your birthday!)
• Onsite highly subsidised restaurants