Mental Health Support Worker
Knightsbridge House is a nine bed hospital in Fareham which provides assessment and treatment in both locked rehabilitation and supported living settings for men with a learning disability and complex mental or physical health needs.
Carard Cottage, within the main grounds, is a four bed detached house providing supported living accommodation for residents who are ready for greater independence and to put their skills for living into practice before they are discharged into community settings.
As a Health Care Worker you will be working within a team that includes a range of professionals. You will work under the supervision of a qualified nurse and will need to have good communication skills, excellent team working skills, be highly self-motivated with a flexible approach, and have some appreciation of mental health problems.To be successful as a Healthcare Worker, you will need:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work flexibility
- Basic Literacy skills
- Common sense approach to problem solving.
- Basic numeracy skills
- Motivation and initiative
- Some appreciation of Mental Health problems.
- Education to GCSE Standard
- NVQ or equivalent would be an advantage.
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (increasing by a further day for every 2 years of service) to a maximum of 30
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Opportunities to develop and progress in a wide variety of care settings.
- Free car parking
- Free on site meals
- Employee benefits scheme (eg, discounted shopping vouchers, interest free Apple Products loan scheme)
- Full onsite induction training and orientation programme
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.