Mental Health Support Worker
The Priory Hospital – Altrincham is part of the Priory Group, Europe’s leading provider of specialist treatment in mental health. The hospital has an established reputation for providing the highest standards of care together with an extensive range of clinical services. The hospital has residential facilities for 50 patients as well as day care and outpatient services.
A critical member of the Ward team, supporting and assisting Registered Nurses in the assessment, planning and implementation of patient care. Delivering care to the patient as prescribed by the individual care plans and liaising with family members as appropriate.Main Duties:
- Assists qualified staff with the assessment and implementation of individual patient care plans undertaking routine tasks and activities as directed to facilitate the wellbeing, dignity and treatment of all patients.
- Provides practical support and responsive care to patients who require assistance with intimate personal needs such as dressing, bathing and toileting activities ensuring that such activities comply with procedures and the relevant healthcare legislation.
- Observes and monitors the wellbeing of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff/the primary nurse and documented as appropriate.
- Provide specific interventions with patients as delegated by a Registered Nurse, and following training and competency attainment. Such interventions include Observation and Engagement with Patients, escorting patients on leave, and being involved in de-escalation and management of violence and aggression.
- Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Participate in regular ward meetings and attend other meetings as requested.
- To assist in the maintenance of stock levels, including pharmaceutical products.
- To assist in the maintenance of ward cleanliness and tidiness and adhere to infection control policy and procedures at all times.
- Develops and maintains a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests and enquiries.
- Help promote and maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers.
- Ensure service users are gaining a quality service that is value for their money.
- To receive and convey information from telephone or personal enquiries in a courteous manner and ensure all persons visiting the ward are greeted and assisted in a welcoming and supportive manner.
- Educated to a minimum NVQ 1 or GCSE’s in Mathematics and English.
- Understands the need for strict confidentiality
- Basic IT literacy
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please
If you forward any CV’s to the Priory Group and you are not on the Priory Group PSL and have not been asked to work on the above role we will accept any CV’s as a gift.