Director of Clinical Services/ Modern Matron
Located in Blandford Forum, Dorset, Priory Hospital Blandford is opening in April as a specialist 12 bed Tier 4 CAMHS LD service. The accommodation at Shottsford House will provide single en-suite rooms for young people between the ages of 12 -18 who have a Learning Disability and Mental Health diagnosis. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and lead and develop this new specialist service.
The Director of Clinical Services role forms part of the hospital Senior Management Team and is wholly responsible for the clinical services operation (nursing and therapy) within the hospital and will deputise for the Hospital Director.
The job would include ensuring delivery of an optimum level of clinical and therapeutic care, together with ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and current legislation, meeting quality standards and delivering against key performance indicators. As a member of the Senior Management, the role holder will play a key part in developing and delivering the hospital strategy, providing operational and clinical leadership to the wider staff group in support of the Hospital Director.The Role:
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations and current legislation, meets quality standards, and delivers against key performance indicators.
- Manage the effective implementation of clinical interventions and treatment designed to enhance the operation and quality of clinical services evaluating through clinical governance and audit.
- Recruit, manage and develop a highly skilled and motivated workforce as well as staff development and performance management processes.
- Manage the delivery of the clinical services business plan ensuring the effective and efficient management and control of staffing, budgets, materials and equipment.
- Support and contribute to the maintenance of the business relationships liaising with referrers and prospective purchasers.
- Promote an effective working relationship across the multidisciplinary teams.
- Registered Nurse
- A recognised post-registration qualification together with full membership / accreditation of a relevant professional institution and evidence of continuous professional development.
- A detailed understanding of statutory regulations is essential.
- Passionate about providing high quality care and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills essential.
- Forward thinking, proactive and creative
- The ability to deal with multiple issues simultaneously in a highly dynamic environment.
- High levels of integrity and boundaries.
- Experience of working at a supervisory or managerial level within a mental health environment; minimum 2 years working as a Ward Manager or equivalent.
- Experience of managing a clinical budget.
- Strong background within leadership and people management.
- Experience of leading, implementing and reviewing quality initiatives in a related environment.
- Strong track record of innovation.
- 25 Days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- £250 towards Continuous Professional Development (CPD) per year
- Free onsite meals and free onsite parking
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Mentorship training
- Opportunity to be a Peer reviewer in Specialist services
- Contribute to Nurse Development Programmes
- Flexible benefits (including preferential rates and access to schemes such as gym membership, IT, private healthcare)
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each servi