Beverley House is a 24-bedded rehabilitation hospital for women over the age of 18, situated in the heart of the community in Birmingham.
Patients admitted to Beverley House may be informal or detained under the Mental Health Act with a primary diagnosis of mental illness and personality disorder with complex needsKey Duties:
- Uses political awareness to influence change and development.
- To develop a spirit of cooperation in working towards shared goals, which encourages and promotes innovation and imaginative problem solving. Enable team decision making by ensuring compliance with audit requirements and lead implementation and recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with legislative and professional standards.
- Act as clinical supervisor and ensures that all staff participate in clinical supervision. Monitor, evaluate, and ensure effective use of resources within set budgets. Operate effectively as a team member and promote effective decision making.
- Act as a mentor/preceptor and ensure the development of student nurses and other team members.
- Assess staff nurses within the competency development programme.
•Good communication skills
• Good leadership skills
• Good team worker
• Able to work without supervision
• Mentorship experience and supervise junior staff
• Good inter-personal skills
• Awareness of current professional nursing issues
• Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
• Promote good relationships with patient, relatives, public, other care organisations and all members of the multidisciplinary care team.
• Promote good communication skills written and verbally
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
• Private Medical Insurance Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Free meals while on duty
• Carefirst - Employee Assistance Services
• Continuous learning and development
• Childcare vouchers
• Career development
• Personal health insurance
• An employee assistance programme
• Free car parking (at most sites)
• Voluntary Benefits
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and eviden