Deputy Ward Manager - R & R
Priory Hospital Bristol is part of the Healthcare Division of Priory Group and is a 73 Bed Hospital with 7 various Wards varying from Addictions, Eating Disorders, Acute Mental Health, Acquired Brain Injury, Huntington's and Dementia.
We are currently expanding our service with the addition to a newly built 12 Bed Psychiatric intensive care unit (PICU) due to open in October 2017.
We are looking to recruit personable, flexible and motivated Deputy Ward Manager to deliver first class care to our patients. You will be involved in the personal care and meeting the psychological needs of a diverse group of service users with varying degrees of mental and physical issues.The Role
You will work as Senior Nurse in a Ward or equivalent area ensuring a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, their families and visitors.Key duties:
- Applies relevant policies and statutory requirements within the ward and hospital framework of governance and communicates requirements to the wider team.
- Ensures that risk is assessed and managed across the immediate and wider working environment and that statutory requirements are met.
- Respects and applies the requirements of equality and diversity, promoting and role modelling these across the team.
- Identifies deficits in skill mix and safe staffing levels and acts to address these.
- Supervises a defined group of team members and contributes to their overall CPD, mandatory training and appraisal process recognising the skills required across the team. This will also include addressing any performance issues that are below the expected standard.
- Acts as a role model to promote a culture of learning development, inquiry and a team vision.
- Implements, monitors and evaluates therapeutic interventions within an overall care programme, enabling people with mental health and or learning disability needs to develop coping strategies.
- Actively supports and contributes to effective Multi Disciplinary Working
- Engages in collaborative problem solving, supporting and encouraging clients to take ownership of issues, identify problems and to develop solutions to them based on their own needs and preferences.
- Contributes to the process of collaboratively assessing and acting on risks of harm, danger and abuse.
- Is named nurse for a small group of patients, acting as Associate nurse for colleagues when on duty, and is a regular shift leader.
- Provides Clinical Supervision to a group of defined nursing staff
- Undertakes Lead roles for the ward, as agreed with the Ward manager
- Deputises for the Ward manager as required
- Adheres to all National, Company and local standards, policies and procedures
- First level Registered Nurse
- Trained Mentor
- Clinical Supervision experience essential, training desirable
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development and intent to maintain and develop Continued professional development and leadership
- Good computer skills
- Experience in Mental Health or Learning Disability services
- At least 3 years, or equivalent experience post-registration
- Comprehensive continued personal development training with an additional £1000 to spend on CPD within your first year of service*
- Up to £1000 relocation allowance*
- Excellent salary
- Many benefits in line with the NHS
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Free on-site parking
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Flexible benefits including reduced rates and access to new schemes including gym membership, IT technology (laptops / tablets / smartphones) and private healthcare
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Improved CPD application & panel process
- £250 Contribution towards CPD
- Leadership & management development
- Support with your Revalidation
- NMC Payment in full
- Long service award
The Priory Group of Companies is the leading provider of behavioural care in the UK. Our purpose is: To make a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
The Priory Group has three operating divisions: Healthcare and Partnerships in Car