Director of Clinical Services
6 days left
- Job Type
Founded over 225 years ago The Priory Hospital Ticehurst House stands within 48 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens in Ticehurst, a village in East Sussex. Set in a calm and tranquil area. The safe and supportive environment offers a comprehensive inpatient and outpatient specialist mental health service for both young people and adults. The hospital has established an excellent reputation for providing the highest standards of care, together with an extensive range of therapies.
The hospital offers a comprehensive range of inter-linked care services within one site and provides a care pathway so service users can move seamlessly between services to provide the most appropriate care in the safest environment. The hospital provides four service lines:
• 2 Adult Acute psychiatric care units (male and female wards)
• 3 continuing care/long stay adult rehabilitation and recovery units
• 2 children and adolescent mental health units (CAMHS)
- an Acute Tier 4 unit - a mixed sex with gender specific designated areas
- a High Dependency Unit - female unit
• Young People and Adults Outpatient service
The hospital's multidisciplinary teams (MDT) have a wealth of clinical and research experience in psychiatry, enabling service users to benefit from a broad range of individual and group therapies.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at one of our Priory Hospitals in Ticehurst for a Director of Clinical Services. The role reports directly into the Hospital Director for the site and forms part of the hospitals Senior Management Team (SMT).
The successful candidate will play a key role in developing and delivering the hospital strategy, providing operational and clinical leadership across the 7 wards on site, with a team of 7 Ward Managers reporting into the role.
You will ensure that a highest level of care is given to all Service Users working alongside the Medical and Therapy teams ensuring an effective working relationships.
You will have the responsibility of managing the clinical services business plan ensuring the effective and efficient management and control of staffing, budgets, materials and equipment. You will review staffing on a daily basis ensuring compliance and maintain safe staffing levels against the staffing levels for each ward.
You will be a major contributor to the development and enhancement of the nursing services at a local level and will need to balance conflicting demands using adaptive thinking and positive problem solving.
What we'd like from you:
• NMC (Nursing & Midwifery Council Registered) - For this post an RMN qualification is essential.
• Extensive clinical and management experience
• Ability to harness the commitment and potential of others
• Fine tuned decision making skills
• Excellent organisational capability
• Effective communication skills
• Motivated with a strong "can do" attitude
• A role model to other staff - providing advice and support to promote good practice
What we'd like to give you:
• A competitive salary and a bonus scheme
• Disclosure check