Bank Staff Nurse
Burton Park provides specialist neurobehavioural rehabilitation for people with an acquired brain injury, including traumatic brain injury and stroke or a progressive neurological condition to reduce challenging behaviour and optimise functional skills.
Burton Park is a 50 bedded inpatient rehabilitation service, across three units and patients are supported to maximise their level of independence. A variety of care pathways can be offered, including intensive or slower stream neurobehavioural rehabilitation which can optimize patients living in the least restrictive setting.
As part of the intensive neurorehabilitation provided on-site at Burton Park, there is a large emphasis placed upon community rehabilitation in order to prepare the patient to move back to their local area as independently as is possible. Burton Park is situated in the historic town of Melton Mowbray, a thriving market town. Here patients can access local amenities such as a leisure centre, cinema, shops, restaurants and cafés to support their full rehabilitation programme. The TDT includes full time Neuropsychologists, Psychiatrists. Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Speech and Language Therapists, Social Work along with Qualified Nurses and Rehabilitation Assistants. Outcome measures are routinely collected and individual’s progress tracked.
Burton Park boasts a range of facilities utilised by the TDT and patients as they work through their specialist individual rehabilitation plan.The role:
- Working within a transdisciplinary team that includes a range of professional.
- Contributing to pre-admission assessment of referred patient
- Contributing to the comprehensive assessment of a patient on admission.
- Compiling a holistic plan of care in partnership with the individual.
- Compiling a positive risk management plan.
- Monitoring and reviewing individualised patient plans, within an evidence based framework.
- Prioritising, organising, and deploying under direction, resources to meet the requirements of the ward for the duration of a shift.
- Committing to the promotion of basic living skills within a Rehabilitation Setting.
- Contributing to the delivery of evidence based therapeutic interventions as agreed by the transdisciplinary team.
- Managing medication as per hospital policy.
- Adhering at all times to the NMC code of professional conduct.
- Ensuring that you are up to date with relevant hospital policies.
- Treating others with dignity, respect, honesty, integrity and fairness.
- Taking charge of the unit as and when is required.
- Communicating effectively with the team.
- To be fully conversant and comply with current legislation and professional standards.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.