Burton Park provides specialist neurobehavioural rehabilitation for people with an acquired brain injury, including traumatic brain injury and stroke or a progressive neurological condition to reduce challenging behaviour and optimise functional skills. Burton Park is a 50 bedded inpatient rehabilitation service, across three units and patients are supported to maximise their level of independence.
A variety of care pathways can be offered, including intensive or slower stream neurobehavioural rehabilitation which can optimize patients living in the least restrictive setting. As part of the intensive neurorehabilitation provided on-site at Burton Park, there is a large emphasis placed upon community rehabilitation in order to prepare the patient to move back to their local area as independently as is possible. Burton Park is situated in the historic town of Melton Mowbray, a thriving market town. Here patients can access local amenities such as a leisure centre, cinema, shops, restaurants and cafés to support their full rehabilitation programme.
The TDT includes full time Neuropsychologists, Psychiatrists. Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Speech and Language Therapists, Social Work along with Qualified Nurses and Rehabilitation Assistants. Outcome measures are routinely collected and individual's progress tracked.
Burton Park boasts a range of facilities utilised by the TDT and patients as they work through their specialist individual rehabilitation plan.The role:
To provide high quality evidenced based nursing care as part of a transdisciplinary team within a neuropsychiatry environment.Our Preceptorship Nurse/Staff Nurse role involves:
- As a Preceptorship Nurse/Staff Nurse you will be working within a transdisciplinary team that includes a range of professional.
- Contributing to the comprehensive assessment of a patient on admission.
- Contributing to a holistic plan of care in partnership with the individual.
- Contributing to a positive risk management plan.
- Following induction, monitoring and reviewing individualised patient plans, within an evidence based framework with support from a senior nurse.
- Prioritising, organising, and deploying under direction, resources to meet the requirements of the ward for the duration of a shift.
- Committing to the promotion of basic living skills within a Rehabilitation Setting.
- Contributing to the delivery of evidence based therapeutic interventions as agreed by the transdisciplinary team.
- Managing medication as per hospital policy.
- Adhering at all times to the NMC code of professional conduct.
- Ensuring that core hospital policies are read.
- Treating others with dignity, respect, honesty, integrity and fairness.
- Communicating effectively with the team.
- Working with a senior nurse to take charge of a shift
- To be fully conversant and comply with current legislation and professional standards.
- Commitment to completion of the PIC Preceptorship Pack
- RMN/RNLD qualification
- Completion of pre-registration course
- Positive role model
- Drive to take responsibility for personal learning and development.
- A focus on patient centred care
- Ability to understand the need to be a team player
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible
- Ability to problem solve and have a solution focussed approach.
- Personal learning and development.
- Evidence based practice.
- Values based practice.
- Patient centred care.
- Team player.
NB: As part of your role you may be required to assist in the management of challenging situations including the management of violence and aggression. In those situations you may be required to utilise physical means managing the situation through 'management of violence and aggression' techni