Preceptor Nurse (RMN/RNLD)
Meadow View is a low secure unit for men with mental illness and personality disorder. Located in Gainsborough in Lincolnshire, Meadow View has 28 beds to support those who are detained under the Mental Health Act.
Our service consists of two wards:
Cedar - 14 bedded ward for men who require stabilisation and support to decrease their levels of challenging behaviour
Ash - 14 bedded ward providing continuing care with a focus on rehabilitation and community reintegration and preparing the person to move further along the care pathway or to community living
As a Staff Nurse you will be central to providing high quality care within a secure forensic setting working alongside patients whom have a diagnosis of Personality Disorder, Mental Illness and/or Learning Disability. Within your role you will assist and support staff in the management of the ward to ensure safe and effective management of patients and staff.To be successful as an RMN / RNLD, you’ll need:
- A relevant Nursing Qualification (RMN/RNLD) and Valid NMC registration
- Excellent team working skills, a high level of self-motivation and a flexible approach - our units operate 24 hours 7 days a week, and our nursing staff work shift patterns including weekends, bank holidays and nights.
- A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
- The drive to continually push your own personal learning and development
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leave awards
- Career development – progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- An employee assistance programme
- Subsidised meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- Flexible Benefits Packages
- NMC Payment in full
- Sign on bonus
- £500 on joining & £1,000 on completion of probation
- £500 to be repaid if individual does not complete probation
- £1,500 e-voucher code for The Priory Benefits portal to be redeemed on various items including discounted shopping, red letter days, gym membership etc
- Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
- Moving less than 100 miles up to £2,000
- If more than 100 miles up to £4,000
- To be repaid if individual does not complete probation & leaves
- Payment into the pension scheme
- CPD top up
- Donation to a charity of their choice
If you forward any CV’s to the Priory Group and you are not on the Priory Group PSL and have not been asked to work on the above role we will accept the CV as a gift.About us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.