4 days left
- Job Type
Our service is based on the Norfolk/Suffolk border and provides a range of assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and specialist residential services to over 90 adults with a learning disability in a range of different environments suited to their individual needs including medium, low secure and rehabilitation.
In addition to a learning disability, many of our patients have complex needs including forensic histories, mental illness, ASC and Personality Disorders. Most patients are detained under the Mental Health Act 1983.
Our Ward Manager role involves:
- Being a clear leader for the Nursing team and managing shifts
- Providing high quality care in rehab wards, low and medium secure wards, with patients suffering from learning Disability and Mental Disorder.
- Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement.
- Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
- Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
- Mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
- Promoting professional development within the team.
To be successful as Ward Manager, you’ll need:
- A RMN or RNLD qualification
- Post registration qualification of at least 3 years.
- Experience in a supervisory role
- A recognised mentoring certificate is preferable
- The ability to assess and teach junior staff
- A proven ability to co-ordinate care, prioritise tasks and manage Health & Safety issues
- The drive to learn and develop
- A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
- A flexible, positive, team-orientated approach.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.