Registered Mental Health Nurse-EDU
Knowing that you're making a difference to people's lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
The Priory Hospital Woodbourne is an independent hospital, specialising in the management and treatment of a wide range of mental health conditions. The hospital has established an excellent reputation for providing the highest standards of care.
We provide expert treatment for the following services:
- Eating disorders
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit
The Aspen Unit is The Priory Hospital Woodbourne's psychiatric intensive care unit which provides a fast turnaround service where the focus is supporting young adult males aged 16-25, to improve their coping skills in the short term.
Woodbourne has a highly experienced team of mental health professionals and support staff, which include consultant psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses and therapists. They can treat a wide range of acute mental health conditions including depression, anxiety, post-traumatic-stress-disorder, obsessive compulsive states, schizophrenia and all other major acute psychiatric illnesses.The role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an RMN to join the eating disorder service at Woodbourne Priory. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside a well-established MDT, and will be an integral in the ongoing development of the service where standards are consistently high in achieving it's good reputation.
There will be excellent opportunities to develop your physical, psychiatric and therapeutic skills and knowledge within the role and your personal development will be fully supported.
The Priory place great importance on CPD and provide many opportunities within the role including, The Priory Certificate in Eating Disorders which is recognised by Brighton University. This is a six month course covering essential aspects of eating disorders which combines a reflective model to ensure learning.What we'd like from you:
• RMN Qualified
• NMC (Nursing & Midwifery Council Registered)
• Knowledge of the Mental Health Act
• Patient centric & commitment to delivering high quality care
• Fine tuned decision making skills
• Excellent organisational capability
• Effective communication skills
• Flexibility and a strong "can do" attitude
- Excellent salary
- Many benefits in line with the NHS
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Free on-site parking
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Flexible benefits including reduced rates and access to new schemes including gym membership, IT technology (laptops / tablets / smartphones) and private healthcare
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Improved CPD application & panel process
- £250 Contribution towards CPD
- Leadership & management development
- Support with your Revalidation
- NMC Payment in full
- Long service award
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosur