Registered Nurse (RMN/RNLD) -PICU
5 days left
- Job Type
The Priory Hospital Woodbourne is an independent hospital, specialising in the management and treatment of a wide range of mental health conditions. The hospital has established an excellent reputation for providing the highest standards of care.
We provide expert treatment for the following services:
- Eating disorders
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit
The Aspen Unit is The Priory Hospital Woodbourne's psychiatric intensive care unit which provides a fast turnaround service where the focus is supporting young adult males aged 16-25, to improve their coping skills in the short term.
Woodbourne has a highly experienced team of mental health professionals and support staff, which include consultant psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses and therapists. They can treat a wide range of acute mental health conditions including depression, anxiety, post-traumatic-stress-disorder, obsessive compulsive states, schizophrenia and all other major acute psychiatric illnesses.The Role:
Specialising in the management and treatment of mental health problems including addiction, the hospital have established an excellent reputation for providing the highest standards of care.
We are currently looking for RMN/RNLDs to join our team on Aspen Ward which is a 10 bedded Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit for 16-25 year old males.
We work in partnership with Forward Thinking Birmingham however we also take referrals from all over the UK. Most of our referrals come directly from the community, either from Place of Safety, A&E or police custody. We also take referrals from other wards when service users may present as challenging.
We aim to nurse our patients in the least restrictive way and we are a team that focuses on reflecting and learning from our experiences. We encourage service user involvement and choice, and our values are around positive engagement and activity. Aspen aims to offer patients a positive experience of being in hospital whilst focusing on risk management and providing a safe environment. Typically our admissions are short and patients are transferred to an acute ward to continue their progress towards recovery however occasionally we do discharge directly into the community if appropriate.
Successful candidates will be motivated to work in a service that offers involvement and empowerment for patients, who may have a personality disorder and/or mental illness, encouraging patients to have a real voice in how services develop and in their individualised care pathways.
You will be flexible and supportive, enabling patients to build on their existing strengths and feel positive about their lives.What we'd like from you:
- RMN/RNLD Qualified
- NMC (Nursing & Midwifery Council Registered)
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act
- Patient centric & commitment to delivering high quality care
- Fine tuned decision making skills
- Excellent organisational capability
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility and a strong "can do" attitude
- Excellent salary
- Many benefits in line with the NHS
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Free on-site parking
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Flexible benefits including reduced rates and access to new schemes including gym membership, IT technology (laptops / tablets / smartphones) and private healthcare
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Improved CPD application & panel process
- £250 Contribution towards CPD
- Leadership & management development
- Support with your Revalidation
- NMC Payment in full
- Long service award
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinar