Priory High Wycombe Hospital will be opening as a newly refurbished 12 bed independent hospital, providing specialist inpatient treatment for Children and Adolescent with Mental Health and Learning Disability in Spring 2018. Conveniently, located close to M40 J4, the new service will specialise in the management and treatment of a wide range of mental health conditions. The hospital will provide a specialist Low Secure environment for young people aged 13-18 years and will consist of a 7 day, 24 hour service fully supported by a Senior Management Team and multi-disciplinary specialist clinicians on site and a school.
To Provide Clinical Management and Leadership of the full nursing team on the Ward, this includes being a highly visible role model and mentor to the nursing team. The post-holder has responsibility for overseeing and maintaining the highest standards of nursing care. The role will act as a senior clinical member of the team, providing advice and support from a nursing perspective and oversee and hold responsibility for the ward environment and its resources.
• Be currently Registered with the Nursing Midwifery Council as a first level nurse, with at least 2 years' experience in a supervisory capacity.
• Appropriate registration required for the ward - Mental Health or Learning Disability
• Willingness to complete further clinical, managerial and leadership training and development relevant to your area of practice in management and leadership.
• Trained and current Mentor.
• Computer literate.
• Have been a registered nurse, working in clinical settings that are relevant to the post
• Evidence of continuing professional development
• Experience of clinical audit and/ or service improvement based on evidence desirable
• Experience of working in an environment that requires the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Has been a supervisor of nursing staff
The post-holder is responsibility for the leadership in a Ward area, in particular that of Nursing staff, but also contributes to the effective working of the Multi-Disciplinary team; The post-holder is also a member of the hospital leadership team
Budgets & Equipment
The post-holder is responsible for the efficient and effective use of nursing resources; and all resources in the ward area that contribute to patient care. This includes Medicines management in the ward, equipment, activities material for patients use, all furnishings and fittings and the overall cleanliness and safety of the ward, bring any issues or concerns to the attention of the Director of Clinical Services promptly, and taking corrective action
Some of the benefits we offer Qualified Nurses are:
- Free car parking and Free meals whilst on duty
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leave awards
- Career development - progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- Sign on bonus
- £1000 on joining
- £1000 after 6 months probation
- £1000 after 1 year service
- £1000 after 2 years' service
- £1000 after 3 years' service
- Total = £5000 over 3 years
- £1,500 e-voucher code for The Priory Benefits portal to be redeemed on various items including discounted shopping, red letter days, gym membership etc
- Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
- Moving less than 100 miles up to £2,000
- If more than 100 miles up to £4,000
- To be repaid if individual does not complete probation & leaves
- Payment into the pension scheme
- CPD top up
- Donation to a charity of th