Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
4 days left
- Job Type
Kent House is a 17-bedded Tier 4 low secure hospital for young people aged 12 - 18 years with mental health, behavioural or psychological difficulties, and an OFSTED-registered school which supports the young people with educational attainment.
The service is set in a rural environment with close links and transport to the local community and amenities.
We provide care for the young people admitted to Kent House Hospital in the least restrictive way and we adhere to the values and principles of Positive Behaviour Support (PBS). We are members of the Quality Network for Inpatient Camhs to measure and improve the quality of our care and treatment.
You will be central to providing high quality care within a Rehabilitation setting. The patient group may consist of Personality Disordered, Enduring Mental Illness and Learning Disabilities
You will work within an identified career development pathway and be expected to complete appropriate competency development portfolio.Our Staff Nurse role involves:
- Contributing to the comprehensive assessment of a patient.
- Compiling a holistic plan of care in partnership with the individual.
- Compiling a positive risk management plan.
- Monitoring and reviewing individualised patient plans, within an evidence based framework.
- Contributing to pre-admission assessment of referred patient
- Contributing to the development of Health Care Workers
- Prioritising, organising, and deploying under direction, resources to meet the requirements of the ward for the duration of a shift.
- Committing to the promotion of basic living skills within a Rehabilitation Setting.
- Contributing to the delivery of evidence based therapeutic interventions as agreed by the interdisciplinary team.
- Managing medication as per hospital policy.
- Adhering at all times to the NMC code of professional conduct.
- To be successful for the higher level nurse positions you would be expected to take on a higher level of responsibility in the above tasks; beyond monitoring, reviewing and contributing. You would also need to be able to undertake the role of supervising and managing staff.
- Completion of pre-registration/ Preceptorship
- Drive to take responsibility for personal learning and development.
- Experience of working in a similar environment and role
- A focus on patient centred care
- Demonstrable experience of being a team player
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible
- For higher level nursing position strong Leadership and management of people skills
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leave awards
- Career development - progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- A contributory pension scheme
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- NMC Payment in full
- Sign on bonus
- £500 on joining & £1,000 on completion of probatio
- £500 to be repaid if individual does not complete probation
- £1,500 e-voucher code for The Priory Benefits portal to be redeemed on various items including discounted shopping, red letter days, gym membership etc
- Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
- Moving less than 100 miles up to £2,000
- If more than 100 miles up to £4,000
- To be repaid if individual does not complete probation & leaves
- Payment into the pension scheme
- CPD top up