Registered Mental Health Nurse
The Dene Hospital is located in beautiful West Sussex and offers the opportunity to gain experience across many specialist mental health disciplines including Secure Services, a DBT Locked Rehabilitation service, PICU Services and Acute care.
With a CQC rating of GOOD across all 5 Key Lines of Enquiry, you would be working in a forward thinking hospital supporting our patients recovery alongside a highly skilled and dedicated Multi-Disciplinary Team. If you were successful in applying to work with us, we offer a comprehensive orientation and training programme to equip you will the knowledge and skills required to provide our patients with the highest quality of care.
With on site parking, meals provided whilst working, free use of our onsite gym and easy access to vibrant Brighton and London what's not to like…
As a Registered Mental Health Nurse at The Dene you will be working within a team that includes a range of professionals. You will assist and support staff in the management of the ward and will make an effective contribution to providing high quality care to our patients.
You will be supported to work within an identified career development pathway and be expected to complete an appropriate competency development portfolio. You will be supported with Peer Review, Clinical Supervision, Mentorship and Appraisal.Our RMN role involves:
- Providing a high standard of care to people with mental illness and personality disorder
- Developing therapeutic relationships to optimize patient engagement
- Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
- Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
- At a more senior level, you'll also need to lead shifts as well as mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
To be successful in this role you will need to be committed to Personal Learning and Development, Evidence and Values Based Practice and Patient Centred Care. You will need to have excellent team working skills and be highly self-motivated with a flexible approach.Qualifications:
- RMN / RNLD / RMNHExperience:
-Pre-Registration - complete / PreceptorshipSome of the benefits we offer Qualified Nurses are:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leave awards
- Career development - progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- A contributory pension scheme
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- NMC Payment in full
- Sign on bonus
- £500 on joining & £1,000 on completion of probation
- £500 to be repaid if individual does not complete probation
- £1,500 e-voucher code for The Priory Benefits portal to be redeemed on various items including discounted shopping, red letter days, gym membership etc
- Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
- Moving less than 100 miles up to £2,000
- If more than 100 miles up to £4,000
- To be repaid if individual does not complete probation & leaves
- Payment into the pension scheme
- CPD top up
- Donation to a charity of their choice
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.