Registered Mental Health Nurse
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Priory Healthcare are the leading UK provider of specialised mental health and related services. We aim to deliver quality services which extend the choice and range of provision to patients, clients and purchasers.
Nelson House is a modern and spacious 32 bed locked rehabilitation recovery service for men and women with mental illness. By having a focus on the development of skills for independence the unit provides a positive step for patients, many whose next step will be living in the community. It helps patients learn new ways of managing their conditions and symptoms with the aim of helping to prevent any future relapse. For patients with challenging behaviours, Nelson House helps them to learn skills to change their response to anxiety and distress.Job Summary:
To provide clinical support and care to service users with complex and enduring mental health needs, by assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating their nursing care plans to ensure that they are fully supported using person-centred care approaches.Key responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and support for support staff and act as a champion for residents’ safety and dignity.
- To maintain skills and knowledge and ensure that care is delivered according to latest guidelines and best practice evidence available.
- Ensure the ongoing safety of service users, residents, staff and visitors through systematic assessment, monitoring and reviewing processes.
- Ensure that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used.
- Act as a role model for good clinical and care governance practice.
- To take charge of the unit regularly and, in the absence of the management team, accepting responsibility for the smooth and effective running of the unit.
- To help maintain the security of the building
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Evidence of personal and professional development
- Degree or postgraduate diploma
- Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans
- Experience of working with service users with various mental health needs.
- Leadership experience
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leave awards
- Career development – progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- A contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Personal health insurance
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- Private Dental Cover
- Flexible Benefits Packages
- £250 Contribution towards CPD
- NMC Payment in full
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.