The Dene Hospital is located in beautiful West Sussex and offers the opportunity to gain experience across many specialist mental health disciplines including Secure Services, a DBT Locked Rehabilitation service, PICU Services and Acute care.
With a CQC rating of GOOD across all 5 Key Lines of Enquiry, you would be working in a forward thinking hospital supporting our patients recovery alongside a highly skilled and dedicated Multi-Disciplinary Team. If you were successful in applying to work with us, we offer a comprehensive orientation and training programme to equip you will the knowledge and skills required to provide our patients with the highest quality of care.
With on site parking, meals provided whilst working, free use of our onsite gym and easy access to vibrant Brighton and London what's not to like!
As our Ward Manager at The Dene, you will be working within a team that includes a range of professionals. You will assist and support staff in the management of the ward, and will make an effective contribution to providing high quality care to our patients in our acute, low/medium and specialist wards.This role involves:
- Planning and co-ordinating the quality and management of nursing care, patient care and the clinical environment
- Rota management
- Quality improvement objectives
- Participating fully with the multidisciplinary team and level 2 on-call rota requirements
- Undertaking direct patient care where necessary
- Ensuring the ward complies with statutory regulations, current legislation and meets quality standards
- Responsible for efficient and effective use of nursing resources
You will be supported to work within an identified career development pathway and be expected to complete an appropriate competency development portfolio. You will be supported with Peer Review, Clinical Supervision, Mentorship and Appraisal.
To be successful in this role you will need to be committed to Personal Learning and Development, Evidence and Values Based Practice and Patient Centred Care. You will need to have excellent team working skills and be highly self-motivated with a flexible approach.
- Registered Mental Health Nursing qualification
- Currently registered with the NMC
- Computer literate
- 2+ years experience working in a supervisor position
- Working within a clinical setting, relevant to the post
- Evidence of CPD
- Experience supervising nursing staff
Some of the benefits we offer Qualified Nurses are:
- Golden Hello Welcome Bonus (£1000 on joining, another £1000 after 6 month probation, and another £1000 after each year of service up to 3 years)
- Subsidised Professional Membership and Registration
- Up to £2000 relocation Allowance
- Career Development through Staff Nurse Grading System
- Private Medical Cover and Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Career development
- Flexible benefits (including preferential rates and access to schemes such as gym membership, IT, private healthcare, Shopping discounts)About us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.