Nelson House is a 32 bedded locked rehabilitation recovery service for men and women with mental illness, complex needs, often accompanied by challenging behaviours.
Our beds are split over three wards:
Trafalgar - 14 bedded male ward
Victory - 14 bedded female ward
Marie Rose - 4 bedded pre-discharge pathway ward
As a Charge Nurse at Nelson House Hospital you will be working within a team that includes a range of professionals making an effective contribution to providing high quality care to out patients. You will be supported to work within an identified career development pathway and will be supported with Peer Review, clinical supervision, mentorship and Appraisal.Our Charge Nurse Role Involves:
- Being a clear leader for the Nursing Team and managing shifts
- Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
- Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice.
- Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress.
- Mentoring and supporting the nursing team
- Promoting professional development within the team
To be successful in this role you will need to be committed to Personal Learning and Development, evidence and values based practice centred care. You will need to have excellent team working skills and be highly self-motivated with a flexible approach.Qualifications:
- Experience in a supervisory role
- A recognised mentoring certificate
- The ability to assess and teach junior staff
- A proven ability to co-ordinate care, prioritise tasks and manage Health and Safety issues.
- The drive to learn and develop
- A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence -based practice.
It is essential the successful candidate has a proven track record of effective leadership skills, knowledge of person centred recovery based interventions and has a passion for working with service users collaboratively, promoting independence.Benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- A Group Personal Pension Plan
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free meals on duty
- Carefirst - Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Career development
- Personal Health Insurance
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.