Mental Health Care Assistant
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Woodland View is a 31 bedded recovery and rehabilitation service situated in the picturesque village of Meriden Coventry. The service is configured over 3 wards offering a very distinct care pathway for our patients . The service is underpinned by the principles of recovery with the patients being central to the care and treatment programmes provided.All the programmes are bespoke and are formulated to reflect the patients treatment needs and thus reduce the length of admission.
At Woodland View the Healthcare Support Worker's are highly valued members of the team that supports the registered nurses to deliver care and treatment to patients who may or may not be detained under the Mental Health Act 1983. The Healthcare Support Worker must be able to diffuse difficult situations quickly.
The Mental Health Care Assistant role involves:
- Assisting qualified staff with the assessment and implementation of individual patient care plans undertaking routine tasks and activities as directed to facilitate the wellbeing, dignity and treatment of all patients.
- Observing and monitoring the well being of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff/the primary nurse and documented as appropriate.
- Providing specific interventions with patients as delegated by the Nurse.
- Developing and maintaining a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests and enquiries.
In addition, due to the nature of the role, you will be required to carry out physical restraining techniques; therefore having a strong bodily approach is essential.
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Extra Service Annual leave awards
- Career development – progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
- A contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Personal health insurance
- An employee assistance programme
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- Flexible Benefits Packages
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.