Staff Nurse RGN Adult Services
Highbank is a specialist centre providing care and rehabilitation for adults and children with an acquired brain injury. We are part of the Priory Group of companies with different sites around the UK.
The Priory Highbank Centre is one of two sites. The Walmersley Unit is on Walmersley Road, and our other site is on Walshaw Road, Bury and is known as the Elton Unit.There are Four Wards between both sites as follows:
The Elton Unit - continuing care for complex neuro disability
The Walmersley Unit - neuro rehabilitation for adults
Lynne House - respite/long term care for children with neurological impairment
Robinson House - rehabilitation and recovery for gentlemen with severe and enduring mental health issues
You will be a Registered General Nurse, with clinical experience including leadership skills and an ability to mentor junior staff. The role will involve caring for adults with complex physical and functional needs, including tracheostomy and long term ventilation (for which full training will be given).
This is an excellent opportunity within a highly specialised field for the right nurses to join our busy team and enjoy new challenges in a fully supported role. Both our Walmersley and Elton Units have been rated as 'Good' by the CQC.
The desired requirements:-
• Skilled in general nursing with the ability to prioritise effectively
• Willingness to embrace new learning
• Compassionate advocate for patients with complex physical and cognitive impairment
• Ability to write comprehensive care plans and reports
• Confident in problem solving
In return, we can offer:
• Autonomous practice
• Working with a committed, forward thinking and supportive team
• Support and opportunities for continuing professional development
• Contributory pension scheme
• Paid sick leave (after qualifying period)
• Access to regular clinical supervision
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Subsidised meals
• Free parking
• Corporate benefit package
• Birthday leave
• NMC fee payment
• Subscription to Nursing Times
• Comprehensive induction process and supernumerary period
• Training in specialist skills
• Career progression ladder
• Enhanced overtime rates
• Awards for Long Service
Applicants will be subject to recruitment and selection procedures designed to emphasise the Unit's commitment to the safeguarding of its service users.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower de