We are looking to recruit personable, flexible and motivated Support Workers to support our qualified staff with the delivery of care to our Children and Young people. You will be involved in the care of Children and young people and meeting the psychological needs of this diverse group with varying degrees of mental health, attachment and trauma and self-injurious behaviour.
1. Contribute to the effective implementation of individual programmes by supporting the teaching and learning, social and independence activities and experiences, which enhance the learning and development of Children and Young People.
2. Manages the well-being and behaviour of Children and Young People ensuring any significant behavioural or physical occurrences are promptly addressed and reported, referring to a senior member of staff as appropriate.
3. Assists senior staff with the compilation of care and learning plans. Prepares incident and other reports and updates daily records and logs as required.
4. Maintains professional relationships whilst developing a good rapport with Children and Young People, colleagues, visitors and other stakeholders.
5. Through own professional behaviour, including adhering to policies and procedures, contributes to the maintenance of safety, security and confidentiality standards.
6. To engage in activities with the Children and Young people which includes but is not limited to, Cinema, Horse Riding, supporting at college, going for walks etc.
7. To agree to self-development through mandatory face to face and online training to ensure Childrens home standards are met.
What we’d like from you:
- A strong sense of responsibility
- Reliable & trustworthy
- Willingness to learn
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility and strong “can do” attitude
- Quality orientations
What we'd like to give you:
- A competitive salary
- Disclosure check cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- SMART Childcare Vouchers
- SMART Pension option
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.