Staff Nurse RSCN Childrens Services
Highbank is a specialist centre providing care and rehabilitation for adults and children with an acquired brain injury. We are part of the Priory Group of companies with different sites around the UK.
The Priory Highbank Centre is one of two sites. The Walmersley Unit is on Walmersley Road, and our other site is on Walshaw Road, Bury and is known as the Elton Unit.
There are four Wards between both sites as follows:
The Elton Unit - continuing care for complex neuro disability
The Walmersley Unit - neuro rehabilitation for adults
Lynne House - respite/long term care for children with neurological impairment
Robinson House - rehabilitation and recovery for gentlemen with severe and enduring mental health issues
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic registered children's nurse. Lynne House is a 5-bedded nurse-led continuing care unit for children with complex care needs, including tracheostomies and long term ventilation.
This is an excellent opportunity within a highly specialised field for the right children's nurse who has experience working with children with complex needs to join our team and enjoy new challenges in a fully supported role. All of our units have been rated as 'Good' by the CQC. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and passionate about providing quality care for the complex and diverse needs of our children and young people. They will also have an interest in physical disabilities including organic, degenerative or neurological impairment.
The role will involve:
• Providing a high standard of responsive care to children and young people who require assistance with their activities of daily living
• Providing support and supervision to junior staff
• Working as part of an interdisciplinary team contributing positively to ensure the implementation of quality patient-centred care
The role will require individuals to work flexibly undertaking shift work including nights and weekends. A full induction programme and extensive in-service training will be provided.
In return, we can offer:
• Autonomous practice
• Working with a committed, forward thinking and supportive team
• Support and opportunities for continuing professional development
• Contributory pension scheme
• Paid sick leave (after qualifying period)
• Access to regular clinical supervision
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Subsidised meals
• Free parking
• Corporate benefit package
• Birthday leave
• NMC fee payment
• Comprehensive induction process and supernumery period
• Training in specialist skills
• Career progression ladder
• Enhanced overtime rates
• Awards for long service
Applicants will be subject to recruitment and selection procedu