Bank Recovery Support Worker
Cragston Court in Blakelaw, Newcastle upon Tyne is a residential and nursing unit providing tailored rehabilitation and recovery for up to 20 men and women with complex and enduring mental health needs ages ranging from 18 to 65 and above of mixed gender.
Cragston Court is equipped to deliver nursing and recovery support for people who are experiencing a wide range of severe mental health conditions, including, but not limited to, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, shared psychotic disorder and acute stress disorder.
The Unit is a purpose built facility providing a full recovery pathway for Residents who have enduring mental health needs. The team at Cragston Court includes a registered Manager, Deputy Manager, registered mental health nurses and recovery workers, all of whom are dedicated to the service users’ journey to recovery and to equip residents with daily living skills. We work together with service users, and their families, to create positive, meaningful and lasting outcomes. The post will be based at Cragston Court.
- To provides practical support and responsive care to residents who require assistance with intimate personal needs such as dressing, bathing and toileting activities ensuring that such activities comply with procedures and the relevant healthcare legislation.
• Observes and monitors the wellbeing of residents ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff/the primary nurse and documented as appropriate.
• Provide specific interventions with residents as delegated by a Registered Nurse, and following training and competency attainment. Such interventions include Observation and Engagement with residents, escorting residents on appointments, and being involved in de-escalation and management of violence and aggression.
• Contribute to a team approach to residential care in conjunction with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
• Participate in regular team meetings and attend other meetings as requested.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.