7 days left
- Job Type
Ty Catrin is a low secure mental illness and personality disorder service for men and women who require a medium-term placement and recovery-orientated specialist treatment in order to progress on their care pathway towards rehabilitation care.
The facility is split into six wards along with semi-independent flats onsite. The ward breakdown is as follows:
Heath - 3 bedded locked rehabilitation ward for women with mental illness and personality disorder
Roath - 8 bedded low secure ward for men with mental illness and personality disorder
Sophia - 8 bedded low secure ward for women with mental illness and personality disorder
Trelai - 4 bedded low secure ward for women with mental illness and personality disorder
Victoria- 11 bedded low secure ward for women with mental illness and personality disorder
Bute Ward - 11 bedded low secure ward for men with mental illness and personality disorder
A Charge Nurse will need to take an active role in management of the ward/unit and take charge in the absence of the ward manager. They will also need to participate fully with the clinical team and undertake direct patient care.
To take an active role in management of the ward/unit under the supervision of the Ward Manager, and to take charge in his/her absence. Participate fully with the clinical team and undertake direct patient care.
1. Promote and maintain a professional working environment, ensuring a high standard of care at all times, assisting with evaluation through clinical governance and audit.
2. Support and lead regular patient feedback mechanisms, e.g. satisfaction surveys, outcome studies, community meetings.
3. Ensure effective communication between medical and nursing staff both verbal and written.
4. Ensure all CPA and risk assessment and HONOS is an integral part of the patients care and that it is monitored and updated on a regular basis.
5. Assists and supports regional management in developing and implementing new services.
6. Provide leadership to staff to help achieve unit objectives and quality patient care. Evaluate daily workload and lead and motivate staff to work to their full potential.We want to invest in you and your future! Find out about our career pathways:
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.