Bank Healthcare Assistant
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
The Priory Hospital Woodbourne is an independent hospital, specialising in the management and treatment of a wide range of mental health conditions. The hospital has established an excellent reputation for providing the highest standards of care.
We provide expert treatment for the following services:
- Eating disorders
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit
The Aspen Unit is The Priory Hospital Woodbourne's psychiatric intensive care unit which provides a fast turnaround service where the focus is supporting young adult males aged 16-25, to improve their coping skills in the short term.
Woodbourne has a highly experienced team of mental health professionals and support staff, which include consultant psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses and therapists. They can treat a wide range of acute mental health conditions including depression, anxiety, post-traumatic-stress-disorder, obsessive compulsive states, schizophrenia and all other major acute psychiatric illnesses.
A critical member of the Ward team, supporting and assisting Registered Nurses in the assessment, planning and implementation of patient care. Delivering care to the patient as prescribed by the individual care plans and liaising with family members as appropriate.Main Duties:
- Assists qualified staff with the assessment and implementation of individual patient care plans undertaking routine tasks and activities as directed to facilitate the wellbeing, dignity and treatment of all patients.
- Provides practical support and responsive care to patients who require assistance with intimate personal needs such as dressing, bathing and toileting activities ensuring that such activities comply with procedures and the relevant healthcare legislation.
- Observes and monitors the wellbeing of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff/the primary nurse and documented as appropriate.
- Provide specific interventions with patients as delegated by a Registered Nurse, and following training and competency attainment. Such interventions include Observation and Engagement with Patients, escorting patients on leave, and being involved in de-escalation and management of violence and aggression.
- Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Participate in regular ward meetings and attend other meetings as requested.
- To assist in the maintenance of stock levels, including pharmaceutical products.
- To assist in the maintenance of ward cleanliness and tidiness and adhere to infection control policy and procedures at all times.
- Develops and maintains a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests and enquiries.
- Help promote and maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers.
- Ensure service users are gaining a quality service that is value for their money.
- To receive and convey information from telephone or personal enquiries in a courteous manner and ensure all persons visiting the ward are greeted and assisted in a welcoming and supportive manner.
Knowledge/ Education/ Skills:
- Educated to a minimum NVQ 1 or GCSE's in Mathematics and English.
- Understands the need for strict confidentiality
- Basic IT literacy
What we'd like to give you:
- A competitive salary
- Disclosure check cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training