Located in Blandford Forum, Dorset, Priory Hospital Blandford is a specialist 12 bed Tier 4 CAMHS LD service. The accommodation at Priory Hospital Blandford provides single en-suite rooms for young people between the ages of 12 -18 who have a Learning Disability and Mental Health diagnosis. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and lead and develop this new specialist service.Main Purpose
To take an active role in management of the ward/unit under the supervision of the Ward Manager, and to take charge in his/her absence. Participate fully with the clinical team and undertake direct patient care.
1. Promote and maintain a professional working environment, ensuring a high standard of care at all times, assisting with evaluation through clinical governance and audit.
2. Support and lead regular patient feedback mechanisms, e.g. satisfaction surveys, outcome studies, community meetings.
3. Ensure effective communication between medical and nursing staff both verbal and written.
4. Ensure all CPA and risk assessment and HONOS is an integral part of the patients care and that it is monitored and updated on a regular basis.
- CAMHS and/or LD experience is required for this role.
- RMN/RNLD qualified
- Excellent salary
- £5,000 Sign on bonus -
- £1000 on joining
- £1000 after 6m probation
- £1000 after 1 year service
- £1000 after 2 years’ service
- £1000 after 3 years’ service
- Many benefits in line with the NHS
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Free on-site parking
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Leadership & management development
- Support with your Revalidation
- 50% Payment of your NMC fees
- Long service award
- Flexibility with the introduction of our new e-rostering system which will allow you to book additional shifts through an online portal in the future
- Subsidised meals
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Refer a friend to nursing bonus
- Enhancements for nights, weekends and bank holidays
- Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
- Payment into the pension scheme
- CPD top up
- Donation to a charity of their choice
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.