Recovery Support Worker
Nelson House is a modern and spacious 20 bed locked rehabilitation recovery service for men with mental illness covering 2 wards, Mary Rose and Trafalgar. By having a focus on the development of skills for independence the unit provides a positive step for patients, many whose next step will be living in the community. It helps patients learn new ways of managing their conditions and symptoms with the aim of helping to prevent any future relapse. For patients with challenging behaviours, Nelson House helps them to learn skills to change their response to anxiety and distress.
At Nelson House Hospital we are looking for committed Recovery Support Workers who are passionate about offering high quality care to patients with mental health needs. As a Recovery Support Worker you will be working as part of a team that includes a range of professionals.
Do you want to make a lasting difference in people's lives?
Do you want to support people to help them achieve their next step within their recovery?
Do you believe that everyone is entitled to the very best care and support?, we do and we are passionate about providing excellent care and support to individuals with mental health needs. As a support worker you will have the opportunity to support our service users with their day to day lives, encouraging them to live as independently as possible. You may get involved in activities outside of the hospital too as service users are integrated from hospital to community settings
Our ideal support worker will:
• Have a great sense of humor
• Be reliable, friendly and caring to help our service users achieve their everyday goals (including personal care)
• Be able to support in house activities and hobbies
• Be attentive and inspire our service users to achieve more!
• Be resilient and help manage some behaviors that challenge
Skills and Knowledge
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work flexibility
• Basic Literacy skills
• Common sense approach to problem solving.
• Basic numeracy skills
• Motivation and initiative
• Some appreciation of Mental Health problems.
You will be required to be qualified to GCSE standard (or equivalent) and an NVQ (or equivalent) would be an advantage.
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
• Competitive salary
• 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
• Career development
• A contributory pension scheme
• An employee assistance programme
• Free meals/refreshments when on duty
• Free car parking
•Comprehensive onsite Training Induction and Annual refresher
We want to invest in you and your future! Find out about our career pathways:
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term a