Mental Healthcare Assistant
Stockton Hall is a highly specialist hospital where patients requiring a medium secure care setting can maximise value from therapeutic interventions. Our services have produced excellent recovery results for patients and they are able to progress to low secure or locked rehabilitation if possible.
A critical member of the Ward team, supporting and assisting Registered Nurses in the assessment, planning and implementation of patient care. Delivering care to the patient as prescribed by the individual care plans and liaising with family members as appropriate.Main Duties:
- Assists qualified staff with the assessment and implementation of individual patient care plans undertaking routine tasks and activities as directed to facilitate the wellbeing, dignity and treatment of all patients.
- Provides practical support and responsive care to patients who require assistance with intimate personal needs such as dressing, bathing and toileting activities ensuring that such activities comply with procedures and the relevant healthcare legislation.
- Observes and monitors the wellbeing of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff/the primary nurse and documented as appropriate.
- Provide specific interventions with patients as delegated by a Registered Nurse, and following training and competency attainment. Such interventions include Observation and Engagement with Patients, escorting patients on leave, and being involved in de-escalation and management of violence and aggression.
- Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Participate in regular ward meetings and attend other meetings as requested.
- To assist in the maintenance of stock levels, including pharmaceutical products.
- To assist in the maintenance of ward cleanliness and tidiness and adhere to infection control policy and procedures at all times.
- Develops and maintains a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests and enquiries.
- Help promote and maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers.
- Ensure service users are gaining a quality service that is value for their money.
- To receive and convey information from telephone or personal enquiries in a courteous manner and ensure all persons visiting the ward are greeted and assisted in a welcoming and supportive manner.
- Educated to a minimum NVQ 1 or GCSE's in Mathematics and English.
- Understands the need for strict confidentiality
- Basic IT literacy
About our benefits
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty
- Carefirst - Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Career development
- Personal health insurance
- An employee assistance programme
- Voluntary Benefits
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between hig