Charge Nurse (Specialist DBT Ward)
2 days left
- Job Type
Knowing that you're making a difference to people's lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
Priory Hospital Burgess Hill is located in beautiful West Sussex and offers the opportunity to gain experience across many specialist mental health disciplines including Secure Services, a DBT Locked Rehabilitation service, HDU Services and Acute care.
With a CQC rating of GOOD across all 5 Key Lines of Enquiry, you would be working in a forward thinking hospital supporting our patients recovery alongside a highly skilled and dedicated Multi-Disciplinary Team.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and skilled Charge Nurse to join our team and help run our DBT-specialist Female Ward (Amy Johnson).
Amy Johnson is a 10-bed ward which provides expert, supportive individualised care to our female patients. We provide a specialist service which is dedicated to supporting females with personality disorders to help them manage their condition and acquire the skills to effectively manage their own emotions, be interpersonally effective and tolerate distress. This Ward specialises in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), which is a combination of CBT techniques and mindfulness. At its core, DBT allows the patient to find a balance between the opposite concepts of acceptance and change, allowing them to experience validation of their own behaviours and emotions whilst simultaneously understanding that to see a change they need to make skilled and deliberate changes.
As a Charge Nurse at Burgess Hill you will be working within a team that includes a range of professionals making an effective contribution to providing high quality care to our patients.
You will be supported to work within an identified career development pathway and will be supported with Peer Review, Clinical Supervision, mentorship and Appraisal.
Our Charge Nurse role involves:
• Being a clear leader for the nursing team on the ward and managing shifts
• Deputising for the Ward Manager providing cover and assisting with the day to day management of the ward and team
• Providing high quality care and leading by example to junior staff
• Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
• Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
• Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
• Mentoring, supporting and supervising student nurses and other members of the team
• Promoting professional development within the team
• Carrying out sit coordination duties when required
To be successful in this role you will need to be committed to Personal Learning and Development, Evidence and Values Based Practice and Patient Centred Care. You will need to have excellent team working skills and be highly self-motivated with a flexible approach.
• RMN / RNLD / RMNH
• A recognised mentoring certificate (Desirable)
• Experience in a supervisory role
• At least 3 years post registration experience
• The ability to assess and teach junior staff
• A proven ability to co-ordinate care, prioritise tasks and manage Health & Safety i